An Israeli soldier has been charged for shooting himself during training to be granted a prolonged leave, the Israeli media reported.
After completing a rehabilitation process, an indictment was filed against him with the Kastina Military Court, the Israeli news website Ynet reported Friday.
The soldier is being charged over self-mutilation and illegal use of arms and is expected to appear at the before the court within the upcoming weeks.
After the incident, the Israeli soldier was admitted in a south Israeli hospital where he stayed for three days.
The strategy of the Israeli combatant was successful as he received three months off for rehabilitation and recovery.
It is not the first time that this kind of incident happens in Israel. The soldiers involved in such cases are usually being jailed for extensive periods of time.
- Israeli soldier charged with shooting self to be granted leave
- Palestinian, 16, kills Israeli soldier in bus stabbing
- Mideast peace talks threatened after Israeli soldier deaths
- Palestinian kills Israeli soldier to ‘trade body’
- Hezbollah leader: We bombed Israeli soldiers
- Female Israeli soldiers punished for racy photos
- Israeli soldiers kill Palestinian youth: West Bank officials
- Israeli women soldiers have right stuff for border watch
- Four Palestinian journalists stripped assaulted by Israeli soldiers
- Is hair braiding offensive Israeli soldier scolded for public act