Mubarak, sons to face new Egypt trial
Former president Hosni Mubarak and his sons face trials in Egypt for improper usage of state funds
Egypt’s ousted dictator Hosni Mubarak and his two sons will face a new trial for using state funds to acquire personal property, judicial sources said Sunday.
Mubarak and his two sons, Alaa and Gamal, are accused of using 125 million Egyptian pounds (13.5 million euros, $18 million) -- which had been allocated for presidential palaces by the ministry of housing -- for personal purchases.
Four others are accused in the same case, the sources said, adding that the date for the trial has yet to be set.
Mubarak is already facing a retrial on charges of complicity in the deaths of protesters during the 2011 uprising that ended his more than three decades of rule.
His sons are also on trial in a separate corruption case.