Former Iran intelligence minister calls nuclear deal ‘shocking‘
Iran and the P5+1 agreed that Tehran will halt some of its nuclear program in exchange for limited sanctions relief
Former Iranian Intelligence Minister Heydar Moslehi has blamed the Iranian delegation tasked with negotiating on Iran’s nuclear program for signing a “shocking” comprehensive agreement with world powers.
The former minister criticized the Iranian delegation led by Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif during a speech to students in the Iranian capital, according to the Persian news website Raja News.
“Unfortunately, some articles of the agreement are a big blow [for Iran],” Moslehi said.
“The United States has now the upper hand and can control our ideas in the direction it wants,” he added.
Under the historic deal reached last month between Iran and the P5+1 – United States, Britain, France, Russia, China, Germany – Tehran agreed to halt some of its nuclear program in exchange for limited sanctions relief.
Kerry doubts Iran ready for final dealThe U.S. official urges lawmakers to withhold new sanctions against Tehran Middle East
Obama defends interim Iran nuclear dealThe president said Israel’s vision of an “ideal” nuclear agreement with Iran was unrealistic World News
Rowhani defends Iran’s interim nuclear dealHassan Rowhani told students in Tehran Saturday that economic progress can’t be achieved without interaction with the outside world Middle East