Dubai arrests 3 Iranians in missing businessman case
Dubai authorities say forensic reports link the suspects to the kidnapping of businessman Abbas Yazdi
Dubai authorities say they have arrested three Iranians in connection with the disappearance of a British businessman of Iranian origin but are still trying to determine the man's whereabouts.
A statement by the emirate's media office Thursday said forensic reports link the suspects "beyond doubt" to the kidnapping of businessman Abbas Yazdi.
It did not provide details of the evidence or identify the suspects.
British authorities say the 44-year-old Yazdi disappeared on June 25 in Dubai. London's Metropolitan Police has said specialist officers are involved in the investigation and providing family liaison services.
Britain's Foreign Office did not immediately return an email seeking comment Thursday.
- Dubai police arrest woman who threatened to blow up government building
- Iran arrests tycoon accused of busting U.S. and EU sanctions, says media
- Report: witness saw Iranians arrest missing Levinson
- Qatari businessman assaulted, robbed at Paris airport
- 15 years' jail time for U.S. businessman Zack Shahin in Dubai fraud case