French police arrest Egyptian suspected of carrying explosives
The man, 33, was suspected of carrying explosives on Paris-Venice night train
French police have detained an Egyptian national on suspicion of carrying explosives on board a Paris-Venice night train, Besancon prosecutor Alain Saffar told AFP on Thursday.
The man, who is 33 and lives in Italy, was taken off the train and placed in custody after customs officials who boarded the train at the French city of Dijon confiscated a plastic bottle wrapped in aluminum foil.
After tests were carried out by a mobile laboratory at a customs post at Vallorbe in Switzerland, an investigation for "transport and possession of explosive products" has been opened, Saffar said, while cautioning that the test results were not definitive.
- France wants Hezbollah armed wing on EU terror list by June’s end
- Sisi vows to fight terrorism and stabilize Egypt
- Egypt detains 18 MB members on terror charges
- Egypt: Muslim Brotherhood behind terror attempts
- Egypt counter terrorism officer shot dead
- U.S. blacklists Egypt terror commander
- Egypt government vows to combat terrorism, ‘religious fascism’
- Saudi King Abdullah declares support for Egypt against terrorism
- Egypt’s presidency mourns protest deaths, denounces ‘terror’