Egypt charges two ‘Israeli agents’
Egypt’s public prosecutor charged on Tuesday two men it said were Israeli intelligence agents and two Egyptians
Egyp’s public prosecutor charged on Tuesday two men it said were Israeli intelligence agents and two Egyptians with conspiring in Israel’s interests, according to a statement from the prosecutor’s office.
“The public prosecutor ordered Ramzy Mohammad, Sahar Ibrahim, Samuel Ben Zeev and David Wisemen - two officers in the Israeli Mossad - to be sent to a Cairo criminal court for spying for the interests of the state of Israel,” the statement read.
The two Egyptians are already in jail pending investigation, the statement said.
The public prosecutor ordered the arrest of the two Israeli officers. It was not clear from the statement if the Israelis were in Egypt. There was no immediate reaction from Israel.
The Egyptians are accused of providing information about Egypt to the Israeli officers with “the intent of damaging national interests in exchange for money and gifts and sex.”
It accuses Mohamed of “sleeping with women who work in Israeli intelligence.” The Egyptian is also accused of recruiting the accused woman, Ibrahim, to work for Israeli intelligence.
The statement said that the two Egyptians had admitted that they had “committed the crime of spying for Israel” during investigations.
- Egypt recovers 90 ancient artifacts on sale in Israel
- Israel sweats over U.S. aid cut to Egypt
- Israel names new ambassador to Egypt
- The legacy of the 1973 October war in Egypt and Israel
- Israel hopes U.S. aid cut to Egypt won't harm peace
- Egypt moves to stop Israel selling ancient artifacts
- Syria, Egypt turmoil nudges Israel, Palestinians toward peace
- Turkish PM fires back at U.S. over his claims on Israel, Egypt
- Thousands rally for Egypt’s Mursi in Israel
- Video: Israel boosts rocket defenses on Egypt border
- Report: Israel approves Egypt’s request to bolster Sinai battalions
- Israel urges U.S. not to freeze Egypt aid, says report
- Israel eyes Egypt worriedly after Mursi overthrown
- Israel holds Gaza Palestinian who vanished in Egypt
- Egypt refers nine to trial for ‘spying for Israel’
- Egypt arrests man for ‘spying for Israel’
- Egypt says Arab peace proposal to Israel unchanged
- Egypt’s Islamist MP backtracks on ‘union with Israel’ statement
- Israel denies link with arms ship seized by Egypt