Gunmen target convoy near British Embassy in Yemen
Members of Yemen’s security forces are wounded when a bomb rips through their convoy as it passes near the British embassyish embassy
At least 11 members of Yemen’s security forces were wounded in the southeast of Sanaa Friday when a bomb ripped through their convoy as it passed near the British embassy there, an Al Arabiya correspondent reported.
Of the 11 wounded, six are thought to be in critical condition.
The convoy was about 500 meters from the British Embassy in the area.
The explosion was the result of an explosive device planted by unidentified gunmen.
- Gunmen target convoy near British Embassy in Yemen
- Yemen forces kill al-Qaeda ‘kidnap leader’ in night raid
- Western missions in Yemen on alert as army advances against al-Qaeda
- Arwa Baghdadi, the Saudi woman who fled into the arms of al-Qaeda in Yemen
- U.S. suspends embassy operations in Yemen
- Yemen in more urgent need of donor aid in 2014: IMF