Al-Qaeda shows images of Saudi border post attack
The images show the launching of a Grad missile toward a border crossing between Saudi Arabia
Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQP) claimed Monday responsibility for last week's attack on a Saudi border post and released photographs of their preparation for the terrorist attack.
The images, which appeared to be still grabs from a video, show the faces of some militants and the launching of a Grad missile toward a border crossing between Saudi Arabia and Yemen.
In one of the pictures, the militants appeared being trained by a Yemeni militant leader in a desert area.
One of two militants who blew themselves up on Saturday at a Saudi security building appears in another picture, smiling and carrying a Kalashnikov. He is known as Ayoub al-Sueid, 22 years old, and has been on an interior ministry's wanted list for the past two years.
In third image, Okasha al-Sharouri, who is one of the three militants who were first shot dead during their operation, appears sitting next to another militant. Sharouri's real name is believed to be Faraj Ayaf al-Siary.
The death toll in the attack reached five security officers - on both sides of the border - and five militants, the Saudi Interior Ministry said in a statement. The authorities said a sixth militant was arrested.