Policeman killed in attack at checkpoint in northern Egypt
State news agency reported one policeman was killed, another wounded in armed attack in Gharbiya
One Egyptian policeman was killed and another wounded in an armed attack at a checkpoint in the northern province of Gharbiya on Monday, state news agency MENA said.
Authorities closed of the area and started searching for the perpetrators, an Interior Ministry source told MENA.
Security forces have come under attack in Egypt by Islamist militants since former army chief Abdel Fattah al Sisi, now the country's president, ousted Islamist President Mohammad Mursi last year.
- Islamist protestor killed in Egypt clashes
- Five killed as Egypt police, Islamists clash
- Deadly Egypt clashes prompt U.N. concern
- Clashes in Egypt kill at least three
- Egypt football fans clash with police
- Child among two killed in Egypt clashes
- Al-Jazeera cameraman acquitted in Egypt
- Three killed in Egypt as Islamists protest
- Egypt PM blames saboteurs for rising power cuts