‘We love drinking blood,’ says ISIS ‘vampire’
ISIS militant says group members relish ‘drinking blood’
The Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) has shocked the world with its beheadings and mass killings and now an alleged member has declared that the group relishes “drinking blood.”
Self-claimed ISIS militant Rabie Shehada, known as “the Palestinian slayer,” made the chilling statement in a video recently posted online.
“I swear we are a people who love death for the sake of God just as you love to live. I swear we are a people who love drinking blood. We came to slaughter you,” he said in the video.
“We love dying for God as much as you love life,” he also said in the brief footage.
The 26-year-old militant is believed to be from Nazareth, a city in northern Israel with a predominantly Arab population, according to an Al Arabiya correspondent.
According to the correspondent, he studied mechanical engineering at a college in Nazareth Illit. He reportedly quit university and disappeared three months after joining.
It was later found that he went to Turkey and crossed into Syria to join the moderate rebel Free Syrian Army (FSA). He later switched to the radical extremist ISIS, according to the correspondent.
In ISIS, he took the nom de guerre of Abu Musaab al-Safouri, after the village of Safouri near Nazareth.
Al Arabiya’s correspondent said his family – he has a wife and a son - remain shocked and are hesitant to talk openly about him.
- ISIS goes underground in stronghold Raqqa
- No Mr. Netanyahu, Hamas is not ISIS
- U.S. general won’t rule out larger ground role in Iraq
- American indicted for material support to ISIS
- ISIS could be Putin’s ‘chronic nightmare'
- German Muslims invite all faiths to day of prayer against ISIS
- Kurds retake Christian villages from Iraq militants
- Qaeda branches vow ‘dark days’ for U.S.-led coalition
- Iraqi bishop laments ‘too late’ response to ISIS threat
- Coalition forces muster in UAE in anti-ISIS push
- ISIS shoots down Syrian regime fighter jet