U.S. military names anti-ISIS campaign ‘Inherent Resolve’
The U.S. military has named the coalition operation against ISIS 'Inherent Resolve,' a U.S. official says
The U.S. military has named the coalition operation against the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS) “Inherent Resolve,” Reuters quoted a U.S. military official as saying on Wednesday.
The United States and five Arab allies launched in September air strikes against the militant group in Syria after a string of beheadings targeting Western nationals. Western nations are also targeting the group in neighboring Iraq.
ISIS has already claimed the establishment of the its so-called “caliphate” in territory it seized in both Syria and Iraq.
The United States has the support of some 40 countries in its push against the militant group.
- U.S. slams ‘abhorrent’ ISIS slavery of Yazidis
- U.S. discusses with Turkey use of Turkish military base against ISIS
- U.S., ‘wicked’ Britain created ISIS: Iran’s Khamenei
- Top U.S. series replaces ‘ISIS’ agency with CIA
- Hagel confirms ‘long-term’ fight against ISIS
- Harvard students say U.S. is a bigger threat to peace than ISIS