Palestinian girl hit by Israeli car driver dies
The girl and her mate were hit after descending from a school bus
A Palestinian girl was killed on Sunday and her friend remained in a critical condition after an Israeli settler run them over in his car near a village near the city of Ramallah.
“The six-year-old Einas Dar Khalil was killed after she was struck by a settler vehicle while her friend Tolin Asfour was severely injured,” a medical Palestinian source told Al Arabiya News.
Khalil was hit near the West Bank town of Sinjil and was taken to Palestine Medical Complex in Ramallah but she succumbed to her wounds hours later, the medics said.
Nilin Asfour, another girl who was walking with Khalil, was also hit by the Israeli car and was "seriously" injured, according to the medics.
Eyewitnesses from the village of Sinjil, which is surrounded by several Israeli settlements, said the Israeli driver run over the girls as they got off a school bus.
“My daughter and her mate got off the school bus, while the girl’s parent and I were waiting for them on the opposite side of the street,” Khalil’s mother said.
The grief-stricken mother said she saw her daughter’s body “roll several meters” on the ground.
Palestinian news Agency Ma’an said it was not immediately clear whether the incident was deliberate or an accident.
- Israel unblocks plans to build new settler homes
- Jewish settlers occupy Palestinian homes in Old City's shadow
- Israeli settlers launch enclave in Palestinian business hub
- U.N. rights chief hits Israel over settlements
- Israeli settlers’ archaeology tourism challenges Palestinian history
- Palestinian FM: Israel intends to build 5,000 settler homes
- Army escort helps Palestinian pupils run settler gauntlet
- Palestinians: settlers destroyed more than 100 olive trees
- Palestinians to sue U.S. pro-settler groups
- New settler homes wrecking Kerry’s efforts, Palestinian official says
- West Bank settlers clash with Palestinian neighbors