Jordanian woman kills three of her children
The 40-year-old woman strangled three of her children to death while two escaped
A Jordanian mother reportedly strangled three of her children to death in the capital Amman on Saturday, as the motive behind the murders remains unknown.
Security sources told Agence France-Presse that the 40-year-old woman strangled two of her daughters - one aged three and another aged five - and a seven year-old son while they were asleep.
The woman’s two other daughters managed to run away from the house, and sought help from the building’s guard.
When police arrived at the crime scene, the woman was arrested then transferred to the hospital due to her being in shock. She will later be interrogated by police after her condition becomes more stable.
- Israeli Arab doctor killed fighting for ISIS: Shin Bet
- Iraq PM seeks more Jordan help to battle ISIS
- Two cancer patients become Jordan’s youngest traffic police
- Jordan charges 26 with ‘terror acts’
- Wilkins begins Jordan reign with Kuwait defeat
- Syrian Kurds say American joins fight against ISIS
- Pope Francis convenes Mideast envoys amid Islamist threat