Official says 700 bridges in Egypt at risk of collapsing
Saad el-Goyushi also stated that 75 percent of roads in Egypt are ‘deficient’
In Egypt, 700 out of 1,796 bridges have exceeded their maintenance limit and are at risk of collapsing, Ahram Online reported the president of the General Authority for Roads, Bridges and Land Transport as saying on Wednesday.
Saad el-Goyushi also stated that 75 percent of roads in Egypt are “deficient” and are in urgent need of rehabilitation, on the sidelines of a conference.
- BG Egypt in talks to import gas from Cyprus
- Egypt business activity sees near-record growth
- UAE's Arabtec finalizes plan $40bn Egypt housing scheme
- Egypt planning minister calls for ‘economic revolution’
- Proposal for ‘nationality by investment’ to boost Egypt economy
- Twelve people drown in migrant boat accident off Egypt