Saudi security forces kill four ‘terrorists’: ministry
The spokesman for the Interior Ministry said the main suspect behind the recent fatal shootin of a soldier was among the four
Saudi police killed four “terrorists” Saturday in the eastern oil-rich village of Al-Awamiya while attempting to arrest suspects wanted in the fatal shooting of a soldier last week, the country’s state-run agency quoted the Interior Ministry as saying.
The spokesman for the Interior Ministry said cooperation from residents had led to the “swift discovery of those behind this incident by terrorist operatives and allowed security forces to raid their hideouts in Al-Awamiya this morning,” according to the Saudi Press Agency.
The spokesman said there was an exchange of gunfire that led to the killing of “four terrorists, among them the main person behind opening fire on the solider.”
He added that security forces sustained moderate wounds.
The spokesman said the Interior Ministry would not allow anyone to tamper with the security of the kingdom and its residents and that “the hand of justice will reach them.”
- 1300GMT: Saudi arrests three suspects for shooting Dane in Riyadh
- Saudi says three ISIS ‘supporters’ arrested for shooting Dane
- Saudi Arabia: Man handed death penalty for Awamiyah shootings
- Saudi Arabia examines ISIS video linked to Dane shooting
- Saudi arrests four ISIS militants behind al-Ahsa killings