U.S, led coalition stages 11 airstrikes on ISIS near Kobane
The strikes near Kobane, conducted since early Tuesday morning local time, hit 10 ISIS tactical units
The United States and its allies staged 11 airstrikes near the Syrian city of Kobani, where Kurdish militia have been pushing back Islamic State forces, and also targeted the insurgent group with six strikes in Iraq, according to the Combined Joint Task Force.
The strikes near Kobane, conducted since early Tuesday morning local time, hit 10 ISIS tactical units, destroyed three staging positions and a fighting position, the task force said in a statement on Wednesday.
In Iraq, the strikes hit tactical units, a facility that made improvised explosive devices and checkpoints near the cities of Bayji, Tal Afar, al Asad, Rawa, al Huwayja and Mosul.
- British student receives jail term over plans to join ISIS
- British twin sisters target shoot in Syria for ISIS: report
- Panorama: Impact of killing Jordanian pilot on fight against ISIS
- 2000GMT: Video shows ISIS-held Jordanian pilot 'burned alive'
- Al-Azhar calls for ‘killing, crucifixion of ISIS terrorists’
- Observatory: ISIS killed 50 captives in Syria this year