U.S.-led forces launch 26 air strikes in Syria, Iraq
The Kobane strikes hit seven of the militants’ tactical units and destroyed five vehicles and two staging areas
U.S.-led forces launched 15 air strikes against ISIS in Iraq and 11 in Syria, the U.S. military said on Saturday, adding that nine targets in Syria centered around the border city of Kobane that was recaptured from the militants last month.
The Kobane strikes hit seven of the militants’ tactical units and destroyed five vehicles and two staging areas, the Combined Joint Task Force said in a statement.
The strikes in Iraq targeted northern areas including al-Qaim, Kirkuk, Mahkmur, Mosul and Tal Afar, it said. The strikes took place in a 24-hour period beginning Friday.
- Will Jordan go beyond airstrikes to punish ISIS?
- ISIS claims U.S. female hostage killed in airstrike
- Jordanian airstrikes kill 55 ISIS militants
- U.S, led coalition stages 11 airstrikes on ISIS near Kobane
- ISIS chemical weapons expert ‘killed’ in airstrike
- Airstrikes hit 76 ISIS targets in Iraq and Syria
- Air strikes killed 6,000 ISIS fighters: U.S. ambassador
- Iraq: ISIS leader Baghdadi injured, stays in Syria