Saudi grand mufti says clerics should steer away from murky politics
Saudi Grand Mufti Sheikh Abdulaziz al-Sheikh cautioned that clerics should take into considerations the risks facing the kingdom
Saudi Grand Mufti Sheikh Abdulaziz al-Sheikh warned religious clerics to stay away from politics as it is murky and changing, the local al-Watan news website reported Wednesday.
The grand mufti, who advised clerics to check facts when discussing politics, also urged them to further showcase the danger of violence espoused by radical groups who claim to be Islamic.
While calling for unity, he described political wrangling as futile due to it not being in the service of God.
He cautioned that clerics should take into considerations the risks facing the kingdom.
- Grandson of Saudi grand mufti killed in vehicle accident: report
- Saudi crown prince visits kingdom’s grand mufti
- Saudi grand mufti reacts to face veil remarks
- Be aware of enemy conspiracies, Saudi Grand Mufti warns
- Twitter ‘source of all evil,’ says Saudi Grand Mufti
- Saudi Grand Mufti: defeat forces sowing chaos
- 1300GMT: Saudi Grand Mufti issues edict against terrorism
- Saudi grand mufti warns youth against extremist ideology