Blast near military academy in Sanaa: security sources
It was unclear whether the blast had caused any casualties
A bomb exploded near a military academy in the Yemeni capital Sanaa on Monday evening, security sources told Reuters, in a neighborhood that is a main stronghold of Shiite Houthi fighters.
It was unclear whether the blast had caused any casualties.
Security in Yemen has frayed since the Houthis formally took power in the capital this month, raising fears of an all-out civil war and of an increase in attacks by radical Sunni militants loyal to Al Qaeda.
- Hadi wants Yemen crisis talks moved outside Sanaa
- Yemen's Hadi seeks to resume duties as president
- Yemen oil revenues drop almost $1 billion in 2014
- A peculiar United Nations resolution on Yemen
- Yemen FX reserves stabilize but borrowing balloons in political crisis
- Yemenis agree on transitional council: U.N.