King Salman opens world conference on King Abdulaziz History
King Salman also inaugurated the Museum of History of Science and Technology in Islam
Saudi King Salman bin Abdulaziz opened on Wednesday the second International Conference on King Abdulaziz History organized by Imam Muhammad bin Saud Islamic University in Riyadh.
During the event the king inaugurated the University's completed projects including educational buildings in various regions of the Kingdom, as well as service and technological projects amounted to about 3.235 billion Riyals ($862 million), the Saudi Press Agency (SPA) reported.
The king also laid the foundation stone for a number of the university projects electronically, including educational, service and technological projects in various regions of the Kingdom.
In addition, the King opened the exhibition accompanying the conference and inaugurated the Museum of History of Science and Technology in Islam, which was established by the University in collaboration with the Institute for History of Arab and Islamic Sciences at the University of Frankfurt in Germany.
- Video: King Salman’s speech on policy agenda
- King Salman says Saudi will continue oil, gas explorations
- Saudi King Salman unveils policy agenda
- 2000GMT: King Salman pledges to boost economy
- 1800GMT: Saudi King Salman gives policy speech
- Saudi FM pledges allegiance to King Salman
- King Salman holds talks with John Kerry in Riyadh
- King Salman congratulates former Saudi hostage on safe return
- King Salman holds talks with Pakistan PM