Egypt condemns to death brotherhood chief, 13 others: state media
The 14 members of the Brotherhood were found guilty of planning attacks against the state,
An Egyptian court on Monday condemned to death Muslim Brotherhood leader Mohamed Badie and 13 other senior members of the banned movement, state media and lawyers said.
The 14 members of the Brotherhood, which was declared a “terrorist organisation” in 2013, were found guilty of planning attacks against the state, according to the sources.
- Egypt court orders retrial for 37 Brotherhood members
- Egypt court sentences top Muslim Brotherhood figures to life in prison
- Exclusive: Sisi talks on relations with Saudi Arabia
- Egypt dissolves 112 more NGOs ‘affiliated’ with Muslim Brotherhood
- How the Middle East should handle the Muslim Brotherhood
- The day Egyptians forgot about the Muslim Brotherhood