Saudi king orders urgent medical aid to Yemen
Following the king’s directive, Saudi is also prepared to bring in the wounded so as to provide them treatment at its various medical centers
Saudi King Salman bin Abdulaziz has ordered dispatching urgent medical aid to Yemen on Friday to those who sustained injuries in the attacks in the cities of Sanaa and Aden that killed at least 142 worshippers, the Saudi Gazette daily reported on Saturday.
Following the king’s directive, Saudi is also prepared to bring in the wounded so as to provide them treatment at its various medical centers, the Saudi Press Agency reported, quoting an official source.
“Saudi Arabia condemns these terrorist attacks that will only lead to further undermining the stability and security of Yemen and causing more destruction to the people and the country,” the source said, adding that the Kingdom is following the painful developments in the neighboring country with deep concern.
While reiterating the kingdom’s position to stand by the legitimate government of Yemen led by Abd Rabbuh Mansour Hadi, the source underscored the need for quick response from all the Yemeni political groups to take part in the upcoming Riyadh conference under the aegis of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC).
In an online statement, the previously unknown Sanaa branch of the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) claimed responsibility for the bombings and said they were “just the tip of the iceberg.”
But the White House had earlier said there was no “clear operational” link between Yemeni extremists and ISIS.
- Hadi pledges to fight Iran influence in Yemen
- Saudi Arabia condemns Aden air raids, Sanaa attacks
- Al-Qaeda takes control of Yemen’s southern city of al-Houta
- GCC states say Yemen crisis talks open to Houthis
- Gulf states say will not let Yemen become terrorism hub
- A slim chance for dialogue in Yemen
- Yemen Houthi leaders divided over Riyadh talks