U.S. evacuating remaining 100 special forces troops from Yemen
The United States closed its embassy in Sanaa last month after Houthi rebels took over the Yemeni capital
The United States is evacuating its remaining 100 special operations forces from Yemen, amid a deteriorating security situation in the country, CNN reported, citing sources in the region familiar with the matter.
CNN said the troops, who had conducted counterterrorism operations against al-Qaeda and its affiliated militant groups, were the last U.S. forces stationed in Yemen.
The United States closed its embassy in Sanaa last month, after Houthi rebels took over the Yemeni capital.
On Friday, suicide bombers killed at least 137 worshippers and wounded hundreds more at two mosques in Sanaa, in coordinated attacks claimed by the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS).
Scores killed in suicide attacks at Sanaa mosquesISIS claimed responsibility for the Friday suicide bomb attack on two Sanaa ... Middle East
Hadi pledges to fight Iran influence in YemenPresident Abedrabbo Mansour Hadi said the people of Yemen will 'not accept the ... Middle East
Saudi king orders urgent medical aid to YemenFollowing the king’s directive, Saudi is also prepared to bring in the wounded so ... Middle East