Saudi armed forces deploy in al-Horth region bordering Yemen
According to the Saudi colonel, the patrols are covering 68 kilometers of borders with Yemen from the side of al-Horth area
The Saudi border guards’ commander of the Horth area, bordering Yemen, told Al Arabiya News Channel that armed forces deployed along their side in some locations to provide held and confront any possible ground aggression.
Colonel Hassan Oqaili said that since “Operation Decisive Storm” began on early Thursday, some armed men headed from inside Yemen towards Saudi borders, adding that his forces monitored this activity and informed the armed forces of it, dealing with it directly.
He added that border guards stationed in the area of Jabal al-Dukhan, in particular, are conducting over 100 patrols over the course of 24 hours.
According to the Saudi colonel, the patrols are covering 68 kilometers of borders with Yemen from the side of al-Horth area.
He added that there’s accurate coordination with other sectors, particularly with the armed forces.
Saudi Arabia has waged “Decisive Storm” against the Houthi coup in Yemen and in support of legitimate President Abd-Rabbu Mansour Hadi. A coalition of all GCC countries, barring Oman, is taking part in the campaign, including Sudan, Egypt, Morocco, Jordan and Pakistan.
- King Salman vows to continue Yemen campaign
- Yemen’s President Hadi calls Houthis ‘Iran's puppet’
- How Saudi intervention in Yemen prevented a disaster
- Yemen: A war with political purpose
- Obama calls Saudi king on ‘collective Yemen goal’
- Saudi-led Yemen offensive targets Houthi militias, missiles: spokesman
- Ex-president Saleh calls for Yemen ceasefire