Saudi ambassador to U.S.: no ‘formal’ Saudi ground troops in Aden
‘The issue of using ground troops is always something that is on the table,’ Ambassador Adel Al-Jubeir said
Saudi Arabia has no “formal” troops on the ground in Aden, Yemen, but deployment of ground troops remains a possibility, the Kingdom’s ambassador to the United States said according to Reuters news agency.
“The issue of using ground troops is always something that is on the table,” Saudi Ambassador Adel Al-Jubeir said at an event in Washington.
His comments come after a presidential source denied to Al Arabiya News Channel that the Houthis have taken control of government buildings in Aden.
Saudi Arabia is leading a military campaign which aims to impede Houthi progress in the embattled country.
- Al-Qaeda frees 300 inmates in Yemen jailbreak
- GCC in tough U.N. talks with Russia on Yemen
- Saving Yemen
- All sides should ensure protection of civilians in Yemen: EU
- Saudi-led coalition targets Houthi arms in Yemen
- Yemen FM calls for coalition to send ground troops
- Pakistani delegation in Riyadh for talks on Yemen
- Al-Azhar: Houthis have crushed Yemen security
- Arab coalition welcomes aid in Yemen