Decisive Storm remains committed to helping Yemen: Saudi cabinet
The cabinet session, chaired by King Salman said the call for help granted the Saudi-led alliance to defend Yemen
Saudi Arabia’s cabinet Monday again said Operation Decisive Storm was launched to aid Yemen, its people and its legitimate leadership who had appealed for help to stop threats to its security, protect national unity, independence and sovereignty as well as regional safety.
The cabinet session, chaired by King Salman bin Abdulaziz, added that the call for help granted the Saudi-led alliance to defend Yemen, adding that Saudi Arabia was not calling for war.
In a statement published by the Saudi Press Agency (SPA), following its weekly meeting, the cabinet thanked the Yemeni community in the kingdom and said it appreciated their support and of the alliance for their loyal work at defending legitimacy in Yemen until the campaign reached its goals and restored stability, security and peace.
They also touched on the recent initial agreement between the P5+1 and Iran nuclear agreement that was reached last week in Switzerland.
The Saudi cabinet voiced hope that a final binding agreement that enhanced security and peace in the region and the world would be reached.
The cabinet repeated the kingdom’s support for a peaceful solution based on guaranteeing the right for the peaceful use of nuclear energy by countries in the region in accordance with the guidelines and supervision of the International Atomic Energy Agency.
But it also reiterated the need to commit to abide with that which worked with the Arab League’s decision to make the Middle East and Gulf a region void of mass destruction weapons including nuclear weapons.
It added that strengthening security and stability in the region required commitment to the principles of working as good neighbors, by not interfering in the internal affairs of Arab countries and respecting their sovereignty.