Saudi guard killed in Yemen border attack
The attack took place in the Saudi border province of Najran
A Saudi border guard was killed and two troops wounded by heavy gun and mortar fire from Yemen on Sunday evening, the kingdom's interior ministry said.
The attack took place in the Saudi border province of Najran.
Several members of Saudi Arabia's forces have been killed since the country and its Arab allies began bombing Iranian-backed Houthis in Yemen since March 26.
On April 11, Houthi rebels killed three Saudi border guards in a mortar attack, the Saudi Defense Ministry said, as a plane loaded with medical aid arrived in the rebel-held Yemeni capital.
Also earlier in April, two members of Saudi Arabia’s coastal guard were killed while on patrol in the Asiri region after coming under heavy fire from the Yemeni side of the border.
- Blast rocks missile base in Yemen capital
- Yemen’s Saleh denies alliance with Houthis
- Three Al Qaeda fighters in Yemen killed in U.S. drone strike
- Ex-Yemen leader’s party says it welcomes ceasefire
- 15,000 troops pledge loyalty to Yemen govt
- UAE, Qatar send four relief aircraft to Yemen
- What challenges face the U.N. resolution on Yemen?
- Saudi defense minister, Pentagon chief discuss Yemen cooperation