Official: Yemen to request membership in GCC next month
‘We will present a plan in Saudi Arabia next month’ spokesman Rajeh Badi said
Yemen's government will request membership in the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC), a powerful grouping of Arab Gulf monarchies, the country's spokesman said on Wednesday.
“We will present a plan in Saudi Arabia next month that will prepare Yemen to be included in the GCC,” Rajeh Badi told Reuters by telephone from Qatar.
- Gulf FMs to discuss Yemen as govt declares disaster zones
- GCC to ‘aid’ Yemen reconstruction
- GCC hails U.N. embargo on Yemen’s Houthis
- GCC in tough U.N. talks with Russia on Yemen
- UNSC members ‘stand behind’ GCC resolution on Yemen
- Yemen crisis: a full-time joint GCC force is a priority
- Yemen asks GCC for military action against Houthis
- GCC states say Yemen crisis talks open to Houthis