Saudis pledge allegiance to new crown prince, deputy crown prince
A royal decree appointed Prince Mohammad bin Nayef as crown prince and Prince Mohammad bin Salman as deputy crown prince
New Saudi Crown Prince Prince Mohammad bin Nayef and new deputy crown Prince Mohammad bin Salman received pledges of allegiance from citizens on Wednesday evening in Riyadh.
Saudi citizens flocked to Qasr Al-Hukm (Governance palace) to pledge their allegiance for Prince Mohammad bin Nayef and Prince Mohammed bin Salman.
Earlier on Wednesday, a royal decree aired on state television announced the appointment of Prince Mohammad bin Nayef as Crown Prince replacing (now former) Crown Prince Muqrin bin Abdul Aziz who had requested to step down.
Another decree also aired on Wednesday instated King Salman’s son and the Kingdom’s Defense Minister, Prince Mohammed bin Salman, as deputy crown prince.
- Saudi King names son as Deputy Crown Prince
- Saudi King names nephew as new crown prince
- Profile: Saudi veteran Foreign Minister Prince Saud Al Faisal
- Saudi high oil output based on demand: ministry
- Saudi defense minister receives Abu Dhabi Crown Prince in Taif
- Jordan prince youngest person to chair U.N. meet