ISIS attack on Kurdish forces in Syria kills 16
The attack targeted a base in the northeastern Syrian province of Hasakeh
At least 16 members of Syrian Kurdish security forces were killed on Wednesday in an Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) group attack on a base in the northeastern province of Hasakeh, a monitor said.
The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights group said ISIS members detonated a car bomb and then opened fire on a building housing Kurdish security forces in Hasakeh city, the provincial capital.
- 45 dead in attacks on Syria Kurds celebrating new year
- Point of Order: Kurds fight on in Syria
- German woman fighter dead in Kurd-ISIS clashes in Syria
- 40 killed as Kurds battle ISIS for key Syria town
- ISIS under pressure as Kurds take Syrian town
- Australian fighting with Kurds against ISIS killed in Syria: monitor
- Syria Kurds mourn Jordan pilot as 'martyr' of Kobane
- Syria Kurds kill 22 militants around Kobane