ISIS movie maker, documentary producer 'killed' in Iraq airstrike
Among those killed was “Abu Mohammed the Syria” also known as “Abi Samra” who is an expert filmmaker
The Iraqi Ministry of Interior announced the death of dozens of ISIS terrorists in an air strike in the west of Anbar province, Al Arabiya News Channel reported on Sunday.
Among those killed was “Abu Mohammed al-Soory,” also known as “Abi Samra,” who is reportedly an expert in filmmaking, and ISIS documentary film maker, “Abu Osama al-Amriky.”
And in a statement obtained by Al Arabiya News, the Iraqi Ministry of Interior announced the elimination of various ISIS commanders of various nationalities in an air strike that targeted their compound in the city of Qaim in the jurisdiction of Fallujah, “after following the leaderships (ISIS) meetings in a complex reconnaissance operation.”
The airstrike is the second within an operation called “Mustafa Al Sebhawy”, named after the Iraqi soldier captured by ISIS militants and hung on a bridge in Fallujah despite being an injured prisoner of war.
The ministry clarified that “the strike was carried out by Iraqi air force fighter jets which hammered the marked targets as a T2 target, designated for ISIS foreign fighters, leading to the elimination of 28 terrorists and many more injured.”
The statement by the ministry added that, “amongst those killed were Abu Mohammed the Syria, nicknamed Abu Samra, who is an ISIS filmmaking expert, Abu Osama the American who is a documentary specialist for the militant group in addition to Abu Hareth Al Shami, Abu Aicha Al Ansari who is an explosives expert, Abu Saif Al Jazrawy, a Morrocan national, Abu Hussein Al Sulaimani who was in charge of the militant group’s charity foundation, Abdullatif Jumaa Al Mohammedy who was in charge of suicide bomber operations in Fallujah.
- ISIS razes notorious Syrian jail in Palmyra
- Christian beheads ISIS fighter in Syria: monitor
- U.S., allies conduct 22 air strikes against ISIS militants
- ISIS launches assault on key northeast Syria city
- U.S. news report remembers Saudi student who thwarted an ISIS attack
- Interpol: ISIS gaining support in Africa, Asia
- Social media tributes pour in for Saudi hero who thwarted ISIS attack
- Two Saudis lauded as heroes for stopping ISIS bomber from entering mosque
- Britain could - but won’t - fight ISIS in Syria, analysts say
- ISIS not significant threat in Saudi Arabia: U.S. military