Around 30 fighters killed in central Yemen clashes: tribal sources
Fighters were killed in clashes between Houthi fighters and tribesmen
Around 30 fighters were killed in clashes between Houthi militiamen and tribesmen in the central Yemeni province of Mareb on Thursday, tribal sources said.
"The Houthis and (army) forces launched a big attack on the area but the popular committees resisted them and killed 21 of the attackers. Nine of the defenders were killed," one tribesman told Reuters by phone from the area.
- Deadly blasts in Yemeni capital strike Houthi HQ
- Yemen FM: ‘no progress’ in talks without Houthis
- U.N. plane leaves Sanaa without Houthi delegate
- 1300GMT: Saudi navy uncovers hidden missiles by Houthis
- Can U.N. peace talks in Geneva bring reconciliation to Yemen?
- Panorama: Are Houthi militias, Saleh supporters trying to obstruct the Geneva peace talks?
- 1800GMT: Houthi delegation did not arrive to Geneva yet