The Geneva peace talks on Yemen will not be extended into the weekend, a U.N. spokesman told Al Arabiya News on Friday.
Media reports earlier on Friday previously suggested the talks could continue into the weekend.
U.N. spokesman Ahmad Fawzi told Reuters the U.N. official trying to broker a ceasefire in Yemen is hoping to announce progress by the end of Friday, but talks could be extended.
"His paramount objective is to agree a cessation of hostilities, he is working very hard to reach that so that we can also agree a mechanism not only to monitor a cessation but to deliver aid as quickly as possible," Fawzi told Reuters.
One member of the delegation was currently booked to fly out of Geneva on Saturday and the other on Sunday, he said.