Rights group video: Israeli soldier shot fleeing Palestinian
An Israeli human rights group has released a video that shows a high-ranking Israeli officer fatally shooting a fleeing Palestinian teenager
An Israeli human rights group has released a video that purports to show a high-ranking Israeli officer fatally shooting a fleeing Palestinian teenager who had thrown a stone at his vehicle.
The surveillance camera footage appears to undercut earlier claims by the military that the officer, a brigade commander, opened fire on July 3 because his life was in danger.
The B'Tselem rights group released the video Sunday. It shows a Palestinian rushing at the vehicle, throwing an object at the windshield and running away. The vehicle then stops, a soldier jumps out, aims his gun and charges. The soldier's face cannot be seen clearly. The video has no sound.
B'Tselem says the footage makes the military's earlier explanation "unreasonable." The military says the incident is still under investigation.
- No winners in continued Israel-Palestine standoff
- Palestine FA will not drop request to suspend Israel
- Palestine wants Israel out of FIFA, says FA president
- New Zealand seeks U.N. resolution on Israel-Palestine
- Israeli FA vows to repel Palestinian call for suspension
- U.S. won’t take floor at U.N. debate on Israel, Palestine
- Palestine envoy: Netanyahu risks isolating Israel