Car bomb explodes in Riyadh, driver killed
Two Saudi policemen were injured but they are in a ‘stable condition’
A car bomb exploded Thursday night at a security checkpoint in the Saudi capital Riyadh, killing the driver and wounding two policemen, the interior ministry said.
The policemen were taken to hospital and were in a “stable condition,” a spokesman for the ministry said, according to the official Saudi Press Agency.
Al Arabiya News Channel reported that the suicide bomber killed his uncle, who worked in the interior ministry, before blowing himself up.
- Kuwait mulls charging 40 over mosque bomb
- Yemen’s Houthis attack Saudi border towns
- 1300GMT: Saudi king expresses condolences to Sisi after militant attacks
- Saudi cabinet: Terror attacks contrary to all Islamic principles
- Mother of Saudi student who thwarted ISIS mosque attack speaks to Al Arabiya
- British foreign secretary condemns Houthi attack on Saudi Arabia
- Saudi boosts military support near Yemen border
- Two Saudi soldiers die in cross-border attack from Yemen