U.S. says military option still available against Iran
White House spokesman Josh Earnest said that the nuclear agreement with Iran would enhance U.S. military options
The White House said on Friday that military options remain available regarding Iran, but the administration is pursuing diplomacy first.
White House spokesman Josh Earnest said that the nuclear agreement with Iran would actually enhance the United States' potential military options if Iran violates the compact. He added that the agreement will give the United States more insight into Iran's activities.
- Iranians celebrate first Eid al-Fitr after nuclear deal
- Kerry says Iran won’t be able to cheat on nuclear deal
- Kerry: ‘very, very hopeful’ Iran will release detained Americans
- Iran faces ‘excessive’ demands in nuclear deal: prayer leader
- Thwarting Iran’s regional dominance
- Iran’s nuclear deal: Four-bundle effects and concerns
- U.S. Democratic candidate Clinton: I don’t trust the Iranians