Two arrested after Saudi student killed
Two suspects are arrested in connection with the murder of Saudi student
Two people have been arrested in Kansas, United States on Sunday in connection with the killing of Saudi student, Rayan Ibrahim Baba.
Baba was found dead in the car park of student accommodation on Saturday morning where it is believed he was shot several times.
He was and taken to a local hospital, but died shortly after.
The suspects are Isaiah Copridge, a 23-year-old man and Eboni Fingal a 19-year-old woman, according to Wichita police Deputy Police Chief Hassan Ramzah.
Reports said both have been detained in the Sedgwick County Jail on suspicion of first-degree murder.
The police said Baba was acquainted with the two suspects and had made arrangements to meet them where he lived.
Baba was an undergraduate student majoring in electrical engineering at Wichita State University.
In a statement released Monday afternoon, WSU president John Bardo said Baba had enrolled at WSU for the spring semester in the College of Engineering.
"Our hearts go out to the loved ones of the deceased,” Bardo said in the statement.
Bardo cited authorities identifying the crime was not a random act of violence, and added that Baba’s death is the first homicide on the campus in more than 20 years.
- First image released of Saudi student killed in UK stabbing
- Saudi students in Kansas concerned for their safety
- Thirty Saudi students complete leadership training at Harvard
- Saudi universities have ‘bigger role to play’ in challenging extremism
- Saudi student kicked out of university bus for unveiling face
- Teenager arrested on suspicion of murder of Saudi student and father