Conflicts across the Middle East and North Africa are preventing more than 13 million children from attending school, leaving their hopes and futures shattered, the United Nations Children's Fund said in a report issued on Thursday.
Mideast wars keep 13 mln from school: U.N.
A Syrian refugee girl sits in a classroom at a Lebanese public school where only Syrian students attend classes in the afternoon, at Kaitaa village in north Lebanon. (File photo: AP)
- 4679 Views COVID-19 vaccine might be needed every year: UAE health spokesperson
- 3467 Views US Senate Republicans unite behind failed efforts to halt Trump impeachment trial
- 2014 Views Lebanese workers thrust into poverty, depression amid COVID-19 lockdown
- 1551 Views Watch: Clingy panda named Fu Bao holds on to zookeeper’s leg in South Korea
- 971 Views Coronavirus: Dubai changes travel protocols for inbound passengers from Jan. 31
- 220 Views Indian farmers back at protest camp, tensions rise amid Republic Day aftermath
- 24556 Views Coronavirus: Dubai temporarily postpones Pfizer vaccine campaign amid global shortage
- 19961 Views Saudi Arabia’s PIF to invest 3 trillion riyals over next 10 years: Crown Prince
- 18207 Views Loud explosion heard in Saudi Arabia's capital Riyadh
- 10930 Views Saudi Arabia’s King Salman issues several new royal decrees
- 9951 Views Full moon to align directly above Kaaba in Mecca on Jan. 28
- 8761 Views Coronavirus: Dubai restaurants offer discounts for vaccinated diners