Russia strikes kill 39 civilians, 14 ISIS, Nusra Front militants
Since the start of Russian air strikes at least 14 militants and 39 civilians had been killed
At least 39 civilians, including eight children and eight women, have been killed in Russian air strikes in Syria in the past four days, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said on Saturday.
It said 14 fighters had been killed - 12 from ISIS militant group around the eastern city of Raqqa, and two from the Al-Qaeda-linked Nusra Front. Observatory director Rami Abdulrahman said the figures only included those which had been verified.
- Obama vows to not engage in Syria ‘proxy war’
- Hollande to Putin: Russia to strike ‘only’ at ISIS
- U.S., allies urge Russia to halt its Syria strikes
- Russia’s first strikes on Syria’s Raqqa kill 12 ISIS militants
- Russia defends its military action in Syria
- Saudi calls on Russia to stop strikes on Syria
- McCain: Russian air strikes targeted CIA-backed rebels in Syria
- White House: Russian actions risk prolonging Syrian conflict