Bulgaria denies airspace access to Syria-bound Russian aid plane
Bulgaria has denied access to its airspace to a Russian plane carrying humanitarian aid for Syria, as Moscow failed to file an application on time
Bulgaria has denied access to its airspace to a Russian plane carrying humanitarian aid for Syria, as Moscow failed to file an application on time, the Bulgarian Foreign Ministry’s spokeswoman said.
“We have denied access because legal terms were not followed. We have received a request for a flight to take place today in the afternoon of Oct 14. Such request needs to be filed at least five days ahead,” spokeswoman Betina Zhoteva said.
- Russia claims 380 ‘ISIS targets’ in Syria since start of bombing
- Hollande: Russian intervention won’t save Assad
- De Mistura says pushing Russia, U.S. for urgent agreement on Syria
- Russia: Air force hits 86 ISIS targets in Syria
- Foreign policy clashes frame first Democratic debate
- Jeb Bush says Putin’s Russia should face consequences over Syria
- Russia, U.S. move closer on Syrian airspace talks