Saudi warns investors in Egypt after double homicide
A Saudi woman and her daughter were found killed and thrown into a well in Egypt’s Samalout city of Minya
Saudi Arabia has warned its citizens in Egypt to follow official protocols and communicate with embassy personnel when conducting financial dealings in Egypt following the killing of a Saudi woman and her daughter.
The Saudi embassy in Cairo released a statement earlier last week calling on Saudis in the North African country to be cautious in their financial dealings inside Egypt and to consult the embassy before investing.
“It is imperative that people take this not as a warning against financial dealings but more so to take precautions when dealing with real estate purchases here and to keep an open communications with the embassy,” the head of Saudi’s embassy in Egypt’s press office told Al Arabiya News.
“The statement released earlier last week should be taken as an advice following the murder of a Saudi women and her Kuwaiti daughter,” he added.
A 61-year-old Saudi woman and her 27-year-old daughter were found killed and thrown into a well in Upper Egypt’s Samalout city of Minya, according to a statement released by the Egyptian Ministry of Interior on Oct. 10.
Initial investigations showed that an Egyptian male suspect, who had allegedly worked for his victims in Saudi Arabia, convinced the Saudi mother to buy an apartment in the Egyptian capital, as reported by Al Arabiya News.
The woman and her daughter went to Cairo on Aug. 27 and were scheduled to return to Kuwait in September before they went missing. The village where they were found is 240 km from Cairo.
When asked about the pending investigations into the killings, the head of the Saudi embassy press office said: “We cannot officially comment on the investigations as they are ongoing, but the proper procedures and protocols are currently being taken