Two Palestinians shot ‘trying to stab’ Israeli police
The latest such attack took place at a checkpoint leading into the city of Nablus in the occupied West Bank
Two Palestinians allegedly tried to stab Israeli police at a West Bank checkpoint on Friday, one of whom was shot dead while the other was wounded by Israeli fire, police said.
“Both terrorists arrived in area on motorbike armed with knives,” police spokesman Micky Rosenfeld said on Twitter, adding that one of them was shot dead and the other shot and captured.
The latest such attack took place at a checkpoint leading into the city of Nablus in the occupied West Bank which has become the focal point of a surge in violence that first began in Jerusalem in September.
- Palestinian tries to stab Israeli soldier in West Bank, is shot: army
- Israeli army shoots dead alleged Palestinian attacker in the West Bank
- Palestinian girl shot dead trying to stab Israeli police
- Israeli soldiers and settler kill three Palestinians
- Violence continues in the streets of Jerusalem
- Palestinian shot dead in clashes with Israeli forces
- Three new stabbing attacks hit Israel, West Bank