U.S., allies target ISIS with fresh round of airstrikes
Twenty fresh strikes in Iraq targeted ISIS in eight different cities
The U.S.-led coalition fighting Islamic State in Syria and Iraq (ISIS) targeted the militants with 23 air strikes on Wednesday, the U.S. military said in a statement.
Twenty fresh strikes in Iraq targeted the militant group in eight cities, including Sinjar, Ramadi and Mosul, the statement released on Thursday said. In Syria, three strikes hit near Mar'a, Al Hasaka and Al Hawl.
- France to deploy aircraft carrier in anti-ISIS fight in Syria, Iraq
- Egypt, Russia reject bomb claim over crashed plane
- Turkey says plans anti-ISIS offensive in near future
- Pentagon welcomes advance by ISIS-fighting allies in Syria
- Apparent Russian Syria strikes kill 23 civilians
- Turkey arrests ISIS suspects over attack plots
- Australian intelligence says spike in ‘terrorism’ funding investigations