Egypt, Saudi Arabia form council to implement ‘Cairo Declaration’
The announcement followed bilateral talks between King Salman and President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi
Saudi Arabia and Egypt agreed on Wednesday to establish a coordination council tasked to implement the “Cairo Declaration,” which outlines facets of cooperation between the two states.
The announcement followed bilateral talks between Saudi King Salman bin Abdulaziz and Egyptian President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi on the sidelines of the fourth Summit of Arab-South American countries, which ended today in Riyadh.
The two heads of state discussed a number of issues on the summit's agenda, in addition to efforts to promote common coordination between Arab and South American countries, the official Saudi News Agency said.
Following that, minutes to establish a Saudi-Egyptian Coordination Council were singed by the Saudi Minister of Foreign Affairs Adel Al-Jubeir and his Egyptian counterpart Sameh Shoukry.
The council will work on the implementation of the “Cairo Declaration” announced earlier in July and its attached executive annex, SPA said.
The "Cairo Declaration" includes the following components:
1. Development of the military cooperation and working towards establishing the Joint Arab Force.
2. Enhancing the joint cooperation and investment between the two countries in the fields of energy, electricity, and transportation.
3. Achieving economic integration between the two countries and working on making them a key focus of the World Trade movement.
4. Intensifying mutual investments between Egypt and Saudi Arabia, aiming to increase joint projects in both countries.
5. Strengthening cooperation in the fields of politics, culture, and media in order to jointly counter the dangers of the current regional destabilization.
6. Defining the maritime borders between the two countries.
Saudi king discusses bilateral relations with Egypt’s SisiThe two leaders discussed ways to increase mutual cooperation Middle East
Sisi: Egypt and Saudi are leaders of Arab securityEgypt and Saudi Arabia signed a pact in Cairo aimed at boosting military and economic ties Middle East
Saudi, Egypt have ‘similar’ stance on SyriaSaudi FM said international talks to find a solution on Syria had yielded some progress but more consultations were required Middle East
Saudi warns investors in Egypt after double homicideA Saudi woman and her daughter were found killed and thrown into a well in Egypt’s Samalout city of Minya Middle East
Egypt, Saudi Aramco sign $1.4 bln oil products dealThe deal stipulates that Egypt pay Aramco within a year, Sherif Ismail said Energy
Egypt prolongs role in Saudi-led Yemen coalitionEgypt extends for six months military mandate outside Egypt's borders to defend the Gulf Middle East