Saudi to continue support for Syrian rebels if Assad does not leave
Adel al-Jubeir said Saudi Arabia will support the political process that will result in Assad leaving
Saudi Arabia’s foreign minister said on Saturday that his country would continue to support Syrian rebels if President Bashar al-Assad could not be removed through a political process.
“We will support the Syrian people,” Adel al-Jubeir told journalists on the sidelines of international Syria peace talks in Vienna.
“We will support the political process that will result in (Assad) leaving, or we will continue to support the Syrian opposition in order to remove him by force.”
- Syria talks result in ‘concrete calendar’ leading to elections
- Syria’s Assad: Paris attacks result of French policy
- Divisions rife as Syria talks open in Vienna
- Russia, U.S. ‘terrorist’ lists ‘largely coincide’
- Saudi King Salman sends condolences to French president
- Saudi Arabia’s top clerics condemn Paris attack