U.S., allies conduct 27 strikes against ISIS
The U.S. military conducted 20 air strikes in Iraq and seven others in Syria
The United States and its allies targeted Islamist militants in Iraq with 20 air strikes on Friday, and also hit the militant group with seven air strikes in Syria, the U.S. military said on Saturday.
Nine of the strikes in Iraq were staged near Ramadi, hitting tactical and fighting Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) units, weapons caches and two tunnels, according to a military statement.
The attacks in Syria, near Al Hawl and Ar Raqqah, struck Islamic State tactical units and Islamic State buildings.
- France strikes ISIS oil sites in Syria
- French strike hits ISIS oil facility in Syria
- After lull, U.S.-led air campaign in Syria intensifies
- 10 dead in Syria regime raids on ISIS-held town
- U.S.-led strikes on ISIS to ‘increase in coming weeks’
- U.S., allies target ISIS with fresh round of airstrikes
- Russian air strikes kill 42 in ISIS-held Raqqa
- German ISIS rapper killed in air strike in Syria
- Air strikes kill 23 in ISIS’s Syria ‘capital’
- Apparent Russian Syria strikes kill 23 civilians