Saudi concerned over anti-Muslim, refugee rhetoric
King Salman chaired the Cabinet's session at Al-Yamamah Palace in Riyadh, on Monday
King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud chaired the Cabinet's session at Al-Yamamah Palace in Riyadh on Monday afternoon. According to SPA:
- The Cabinet reviewed the latest developments in the region and the world, and the results of regional and international meetings and consultations regarding them.
- The Cabinet confirmed the Kingdom's deeply concerned about the increasing hostile, racial and non-humanitarian rhetoric against refugees in general, and Muslims in particular.
- The Kingdom re-emphasized its call for countries, humanitarian agencies, civil society organizations and the media to keep away from any racist rhetoric and contribute to raising awareness and assuming responsibility for the provision of necessary protection for displaced people and refugees fleeing from the fires of unjust authorities and terrorist groups.
- The Cabinet expressed Kingdom's condemnation and denunciation of the terrorist incidents targeted Al-Arish in Egypt, Al-Khamis City in Libya, and a Republican Guard's bus in Tunisia, which resulted in killing and injuring many people.
- The Cabinet expressed its condolences to the families of the victims and governments and peoples of those countries, and its wishes of a speedy recovery for the injured people, reconfirming the Kingdom's emphasis on the need to redouble international efforts to root out terrorism.
- The Cabinet appreciated the results of interior ministers of Gulf Cooperation Council in their 34th meeting in Doha and recommendations to be reflected positively on Arab Gulf states.
- The Cabinet welcomed the Kingdom's achievements of high growth in exports of non-oil products amounted to SR 200 billion.
- The Cabinet was briefed on the outcomes of the meetings of Speakers of Shura, Representatives, National and Nation Councils of Gulf Cooperation Council, wishing their contribution to enhancing the unity of joint Gulf action at all levels.
- The Cabinet commended the recommendations of the 4th session of Joint Saudi-Russian Governmental Committee for Trade, Economic, Scientific and Technical Cooperation held in Moscow and the promotion of trade and economic exchanges and investment cooperation to a level compatible with the great potentialities of the two countries.
- The Cabinet emphasized the Kingdom's continuing fight against terrorist acts and activities supporting them with various available means, following the statement issued by the Interior Ministry including the classification of names and officials from Hezbollah on the background of their responsibilities for operations for the party in the Middle East.
King Salman returns from G20 summit in TurkeySaudi King Salman returned back to Riyadh on Tuesday after leading the kingdom’s delegation at the G20 Summit in Turkey, the state-owned Saudi ... Middle East
Third relief plane from King Salman center arrives in SocotraThree relief planes sent by King Salman Center for relief and humanitarian action arrived in Yemeni Socotra airport. The planes carried 30 tons of ... Reports
King Salman: world must redouble its efforts to eradicate terrorismDuring G20 summit, King Salman emphasized the need for the international community to redouble its efforts to eradicate this dangerous scourge and to ... Reports
Saudi King Salman sends condolences to French presidentKing Salman said he hoped for a speed recovery for the 300 people who were injured in the attacks Middle East
King Salman among top powerful people: ForbesThe American Forbes magazine chose the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman as one of the top most influential figures in the world. King ... Reports
Syrian rebels oppose Iran talks attendanceThe White House also said that Obama and Saudi King Salman had discussed increased support for the moderate Syrian opposition Middle East