.
.
.
.

Israel demolishes home of accused attacker

Raeb Ahmed Muhammad Alivi allegedly orchestrating the deadly shooting of an Israeli couple on Oct. 1

Published: Updated:

The Israeli military has demolished the home of a Palestinian accused of orchestrating the deadly shooting of an Israeli couple.

The military identified the man as Raeb Ahmed Muhammad Alivi, in his late 30s. He was arrested days after the attack.

The military says Alivi led a five-member Hamas cell that shot and killed U.S. citizen Eitam Henkin and his wife Naama as they drove in the northern West Bank on Oct. 1. Their four young children in the back of the car escaped unharmed.

At least 100 Palestinians have been killed, including 65 said by Israel to be attackers.

Since mid-September, Palestinians have allegedly carried out stabbing attacks, shootings and vehicular attacks that led to 19 Israeli deaths.

Last month, Israel renewed a policy of demolishing homes of Palestinians accused of carrying out deadly attacks.