Palestinian dies of wounds from West Bank clashes: ministry
A Palestinian wounded in early December during clashes with Israeli troops in the occupied West Bank has died of his injuries
A Palestinian wounded in early December during clashes with Israeli troops in the occupied West Bank has died of his injuries, the Palestinian health ministry said on Friday.
Shadi Ghabish died overnight at his home near the Jalazon refugee camp from complications after undergoing two operations at a Ramallah hospital to remove bullets from his body, the ministry said.
The 38-year-old was wounded on December 8 during clashes between Israeli soldiers and a group of youths from the Jalazon camp, near the Jewish settlement of Beit El.
His death brings to 138 the number of Palestinians killed since a wave of violence erupted at the start of October, according to an AFP count.
Twenty Israelis, an American and an Eritrean have also been killed in the unrest.
The majority of the Palestinians were killed while carrying attacks on Israelis.
According to the United Nations 170 Palestinians and 26 Israelis were killed since the start of the year until December 28 in attacks and clashes.
- Israeli police shoot dead alleged Jerusalem knife attacker
- Israeli troops kill three Palestinians in West Bank, Gaza clashes
- 16-year-old Palestinian attempts stabbing in West Bank, is shot
- 3 Israelis injured in W.Bank car ramming attack
- Palestinian killed by Israel army fire in West Bank
- Stabbing, attempted car attack in W Bank