Israel strikes Hamas military sites in Gaza
Strikes targeted four empty facilities ranging from Beit Hanoun in the north to Rafah in the south, causing damage
The Israeli air force carried out attacks on Hamas sites in the Gaza Strip early Saturday, Palestinian security sources said, just hours after rockets from the enclave hit southern Israel.
According to the sources, the Israeli strikes targeted four empty facilities ranging from Beit Hanoun in the north to Rafah in the south, causing damage but no casualties.
The Israeli army said its "aircraft targeted two Hamas military training facilities and two military sites in the Gaza Strip".
"The IDF holds Hamas responsible and accountable for all attacks emanating from the Gaza Strip," a statement read.
Late Friday, two rockets fired from Gaza hit southern Israel, without causing casualties or damage.
Since the end of the devastating war between Israel and Gaza militants in the summer of 2014, nearly 30 projectiles fired from the Hamas-controlled Palestinian enclave have hit the Jewish state, according to military data.
Militants claiming links to ISIS have said they were behind rocket fire from the Palestinian enclave in recent months, but Israel holds Gaza's Islamist rulers Hamas responsible for all such incidents.
Also on Friday, two Palestinians were slightly wounded by Israeli gunfire after they stormed the border fence in northern Gaza, the Israeli army and Gaza medics said.
- Israeli troops kill three Palestinians in West Bank, Gaza clashes
- Israel strikes Gaza in response to rocket fire
- From Gaza to Italy: Palestinian artist breaks free of siege
- Gaza’s only ballet school a haven of calm for traumatized girls
- Israeli army launches air raid on Gaza Strip
- Rocket 'fired from Gaza' hits southern Israel
- Israel aircraft hit Gaza in response to rocket fire
- Palestinian official: Gaza border deal reached with Egypt
- Resilience, joy and pride: Meet the ‘Wonder Women of Gaza’
- Arab league seeks end to Israel’s violent ‘escalation’
- Israeli fire kills Palestinian in Gaza clashes